We develop and deliver world-class training for the fire sprinkler industry.See Available Courses
NEW: Snack Time at the Academy
Snack Time at the Academy is a series of quick lessons for Designers On-the-Go!
Snack Times are 15-30 minute long webinar style discussions.
We offer training for new and experienced professionals in the fire protection industry. Our classes range in topics from the basics of sprinkler spacing, to the review of plans and calculations, to the latest research and changes in the industry.
Our Unique Accelerated Design Course Program
Do you need to have someone trained to be a designer? We deliver designers!
You can have a productive designer in 10 weeks. Graduates of the course will be able to lay out sprinklers and piping, and then calculate and stocklist an entire sprinkler system. And they will be able to do it using YOUR software.
In 2010 we created the world’s first two-year degree program just for sprinkler designers; it included topical classes once or twice a week for one or two hours. Since then we have taken the two-year Parkland College degree curriculum and created a 10-week, accelerated, college-level course.
Upon completion, your new employee will have the equivalent of one year of experience (depending on the student, maybe more).
This is an intense, accelerated course. Much like a Summer Semester in College. It will require students to use an entire 8-hour day to complete course work This will include lectures, lab time, and homework.
This 200-hour program is completely ONLINE. Lectures and Lab Time are conducted LIVE for 4 to 5 hours a day, five days a week.
The live online format means:
- No travel costs
- No time away from family
- Attend classes from anywhere
- Daily interactivity with the instructors
- LReal training from the best teachers in the industry
- Potential designers can be recruited in your area. They can then take the course in your office, or anywhere you think would be most beneficial.
Note that WE DO NOT PROVIDE CANDIDATES FOR YOU!
We look forward to seeing you or your recruit in class!
10-Week Design Course Registration Info
Installment plan option available!
- Select the remote area size from figure 22.214.171.124.1 in NFPA 13
- Identify when the "Quick Response Reduction" may be applied
- Determine the correct reduction in remote area size permitted with the "Quick Response Reduction"
- Determine when the size of a remote area needs to be increased
- Determine the required minimum length of a remote area